01 Feb Apps I Use: 5 Reasons Why I Chose Libsyn to Host my Podcasts
We host the YB2C Live! Podcast for Entrepreneurs on Libsyn hosting platform. As of this writing, we are in Season 3! You invite you to download and listen to all previous episodes on our dedicated podcast page.
Let’s face it, when you’re podcasting there are so many possibilities for hosting your show that you might feel a little confused and have a ton of questions when it comes down to deciding the right place to start. I know that there’s a lot of hosting platforms out there, with different pros and cons, all kinds of features and possibilities and I get that it can become a little overwhelming, so today I’m breaking down five reasons why I chose Libsyn to host my podcasts.
Libsyn is one of the oldest and largest platforms for podcast hosting, it’s been around since 2004, and according to their website is the world’s largest podcast network. They have all the tools you need to create and distribute your own podcast. I previously tried SoundCloud but decided a couple of years ago that Libsyn would best meet my needs. Here are my five reasons why:
1. Pricing. Libsyn has several contract plans that are simple to change. They all have generous file storage and transfer policies starting from 50mb for $5, which I believe is a very good plan to get started as it gives you the basics to start podcasting.
2. Features. The really good thing about Libsyn is that you get many different features with the basic hosting plans, including unlimited downloads, media hosting (audio and video), and the option to create your own dedicated webpage for your show.
3. Support. Since Libsyn has been around for a long time you’ll be able to find a large community of users that will be able to provide support if you have any questions. Additionally, all Libsyn subscriptions come with customer support and if you have a premium subscription, they even have limited end-user support to the customers who purchase your podcast app from the iTunes app store.
4. Statistics. Libsyn allows you to get statistics per episode and per show. You’ll be able to track audience growth, number of downloads, and social stats. This is a really cool feature since is very important that you have this information to map any strategy you want to implement.
5. Automated social media sharing. You’ll be able to cross-post to every social media channel thanks to a tool called OnPublish, the Libsyn publishing platform that integrates content delivery to all of the major social media, podcasting, and blog platforms, helping your content distribution.
Now that you have a quick rundown of some of the goodies that come with this podcasting platform, go ahead, let your creativity run wild!
Your Business Your Brand Creatively (YB2C) offers copywriting, productivity, branding, marketing, web design, and social media marketing services to creative and solo professionals and small business owners. We would be honored to work with you!