Thank you for agreeing to be a future guest on the YB2C Live! Podcast for Entrepreneurs!
We are excited for our upcoming recording. This document includes some information you want and need to know before our interview.
It will be very helpful if you send your preferred head shot and company logo beforehand. I’ll use those in the promos and show notes.
The YB2C Live Podcast for Entrepreneurs began as a weekly radio show (hence the name “Live”) and was converted to a weekly podcast in January 2017. Although there have been some gaps in the schedule (including when I suffered a very bad fall in the spring of 2017 and put all recordings on hold for a couple of months), we attempt to record each podcast on Thursdays and publish the podcast and show notes the following Monday.
– The acronym “YB2C” stands for the name of our company through which we offer our global clients branding, marketing, training, and copywriting services, Your Business Your Brand Creatively: http://yb2csystem.
– The YB2C Live! Podcast on our website: http://yb2csystem.
– The YB2C Live! Podcast Dedicated Website: http://yb2clive.
– The YB2C Live! Podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.
– The YB2C YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.
– YB2C Live! on Facebook: https://www.
– The YB2C Live! Podcast for Entrepreneurs is also available on Google Play/Android and Spotify and most other podcast aggregators.
We record each podcast interview on Thursdays at 11 am ET (although we can arrange another time if needed for your timezone) at our studio located in Midtown Detroit at my co-working community office. We record each interview in audio and video using the Zoom app. Local guests usually come into the studio, but often, especially if the guest has a retail business that is hard to leave in the middle of the day, we can interview them with Zoom while they are in their store.
We are thinking of uploading the video, but we haven’t done that yet. When we do, we’ll let you know ahead of time.
We are also thinking of doing a Facebook Live during the recording, but that is also in the future.
Between Thursday and the following Monday, we edit the recording using Garage Band and Auphonic, write the show notes, and publish at noon ET on Monday.
We always send our guests the link to their podcast recording so that they can use it for promotion on their own social media outlets.
You will receive a Zoom link; please click the link a few minutes before our time so that you can log on with any device with an internet connection (even your phone).
Just be “real,” keep your answers short and focused, but detailed (I’ll help you), and focus on sharing, not selling.
The actual interview time will be about 20-25 minutes so that there’s time for the intro and outtro for the 30-minute show. Think of our interview as a wonderful conversation between friends. There will NOT be a test! (smile)
Pre-Interview Small Talk
– We’ll talk for a few minutes off the record while I do a sound check and answer any questions you may have.
– I’ll let you know when I’m ready to click “Record.”
– I will introduce the show, introduce you, and ask you how and why you started your business/company.
– I will remind our listeners about the sponsors of our show.
– The YB2C Live Podcast for Entrepreneurs is a show that highlights entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small business owners from around the world. We want you to tell your story and inspire and motivate our listeners.
– We will ask you question about your business, about why and how you started, what challenges you’ve had to overcome, and what successes you’ve had.
– We will ask you if there is someone or some specific event that motivated you to start and to keep going.
– We will ask you for tips and tricks to share with our listeners.
– We will ask you if there’s anything special coming up that you want to promote.
– We will mention that all information about you will be available on the show notes.
– We’ll close out the show with our usual closing spiel for the podcast.
– We will wrap up off the air, answer any further questions, and send you on your way with our thanks!