Please help support the YB2C Live! Podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
For the month of September, YB2C Live! has been focusing on entrepreneurs who plant, grow, and harvest food, flowers and other live, natural items. In this episode, Pam and Keith sit down with Ryan Anderson of Acre Detroit.
Acre Detroit is an urban farm that was founded in 2012 by Ryan Anderson and Anna Clarke.
Acre grows a wide variety of crops. To name a few, Acre grows hot crops such as tomatoes, hot peppers, eggplant, and root crops like carrots, beets, and radishes, as well as Asian greens and herbs.
- Ryan explains his journey from the desk to the farm, talks how Acre came to be, and how it has grown since its founding.
- Ryan wants to make a positive effect on the world, and urban agriculture through Acre is his way of doing so.
- Ryan talks wholesale and distribution of Acre goods.
- Hyperlocal sensibility is something that is important in Detroit, says Ryan, buying local, selling local.
- Ryan explains what it takes to operate a farm, specifically an urban farm, and talks about his weekly schedule.
- Michigan has the second highest number of agricultural products in the country, says Ryan, which makes Detroit an ideal urban agriculture setting.
- Ryan talks organic vs. certified organic, and what it takes to get organic certification.
- Ryan hopes to see Acre, along with the urban agriculture movement as a whole, grow even more for many years to come.
For more information on Ryan Anderson and ACRE Detroit:
“Like” ACRE on Facebook: @ACREDetroit
Follow them on Instagram: @ACREDetroit
Become a Patron of the YB2C Live! Podcast here: YB2C Live! on Patreon
Be sure to visit us at www.yb2csystem.com
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/YB2CLive/
Leave a review on iTunes: YB2C Live! on iTunes
Become a supporting patron of the podcast on PodBean: YB2C Live! on PodBean
YB2C Live! is recorded at Green Garage in Midtown Detroit: Green Garage Detroit