Please help support the YB2C Live! Podcast by becoming a patron on Patreon!
In this episode, special guest Nicole Braxton, founder of Around the World in 7 Days talks vegan pop-ups, cooking classes, non-profits, and tips on eating right!
Around the World in 7 Days allows its patrons to travel around the world one meal at a time. Around the World in 7 Days facilitates a healthier lifestyle by providing pop-up events and cooking classes that primarily focus on bringing internationally fused plant-based cuisine to the public to spread health awareness.
Nicole has worked to start up two non-profits: ROCK and TALK
ROCK (Restore Our Community Krew) is focused on restoring total wellness back into the community. Their main objective is to create opportunities for the community to grow, to learn different principles, and to help the community overcome difficulties.
TALK (Think, Analyse, Live, Know) is a geared specifically toward students.
- Nicole explains how Around the World in 7 Days came to be thanks to a Shark Tank-like program through her university called the Hatch.
- Vegan and plant-based cuisine was not always an interest of Nicole’s, but that all changed after meeting a French Chef named Chef Miguel Larcher, who Nicole trained with at his restaurant in Kansas.
- Nicole’s love for the pop-up is centered around the unique experience. Each pop-up that Around the World in 7 Days coordinates is focused on a different country. Most recently, India and France.
- Healthy eating doesn’t have to be done “cold-turkey,” says Nicole, it can be done in steps. Nicole shares a few tips and tricks to eating right.
- Nicole invites our listeners to visit their website for information on upcoming events, such as cooking classes and pop-ups, and ROCK events like “Diabetes Undone,” which will be hosted at the Redford Community Library on November 9th.
- Nicole explains why she chose pop-ups over a traditional “bricks and mortar” restaurant, and where she sees Around the World in 7 Days going in the future.
For more information on Nicole Braxton, Around the World in 7 Days, ROCK, and TALK:
Follow Them on Instagram: @aw7days
Become a Patron of the YB2C Live! Podcast here: YB2C Live! on Patreon
Be sure to visit us at www.yb2csystem.com
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/YB2CLive/
Leave a review on iTunes: YB2C Live! on iTunes
Become a supporting patron of the podcast on PodBean: YB2C Live! on PodBean
YB2C Live! is recorded at Green Garage in Midtown Detroit: Green Garage Detroit