For the month of August, YB2C Live! will be focusing on entrepreneurs whose businesses promote health and wellness. For this episode, Pamela Hilliard Owens and Keith Owens sit down with Dr. Jesse Brown of Detroit Wholistic Center and Wholistic Training Institute.
Detroit Wholistic Center provides, natural solutions for common concerns. They focus on prevention and utilize herbs, cleansing, diet, and lifestyle change to help their customers. They believe that most of the problems people experience, including illnesses and even death, are directly related to diet and lifestyle.
Wholistic Training Institute is the only state-licensed naturopathic school in Detroit, and the only African American owned state-licensed naturopathic school in the country. At the institute, it is their goal to train a healer in every home, institution, and community.
- Dr. Jesse Brown highlights the mission of Detroit Wholistic Center (DWC) and Wholistic Training Institute (WTI) as being focused on promoting understanding of health and wellness, and providing natural remedies for ailments of all kinds.
- Noting his “87-year-young” mother, Dr. Brown explains how since he was a child he had a holistic upbringing, including remedies that utilized castor oil, cod liver oil, and enemas.
- Dr. Brown emphasizes the importance of the early influences of parents on their children. Just as having a parent who smokes greatly increases a child’s chances of adopting the habit, so does having an active parent that has a balanced diet.
- Dr. Brown explores a phenomenon called “Diet Delinquency,” which correlates diet to how people feel and how they respond and interact with others.
- DWC will be celebrating it’s 30th anniversary on October 22nd, something that has never happened in the city of Detroit.
- The 30th anniversary celebrations will feature three main events: a keynote speaker, Dr. Cass Ingram, a section on hair and health, and a conversation about food and behavior.
For more information on Dr. Jesse Brown, Detroit Wholistic Center, and Wholistic Training Institute:
Be sure to visit us at www.yb2csystem.com
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/YB2CLive/
Leave a review on iTunes: YB2C Live! on iTunes
YB2C Live! is recorded at Green Garage in Midtown Detroit: Green Garage Detroit